Interferometer are an indispensable measurement tool in optical production and quality control. They are used for a wide variety of applications. Examples are testing of flatness and sphericity of optical surfaces, radius measurement and the testing of the wavefront of optical systems.
The Interferometer of the VI-series have the following features:
- Working principle: Fizeau-interferometer.
- Cost effective alternative to conventional interferometers.
- Modular conception allows combination with the objective tubes of our line of autocollimator products.
- Test field diameter 10 mm, 16 mm, 28 mm, 50 mm and 100 mm depending on the chosen objective tube
- Usable in vertical, horizontal, or under oblique directions. This makes the instrument extreme versatile for use in customer specific applications
The interferometers of the VI series are available in two versions as Interferometer VI-vario and as Interferometer VI-direct. Both versions differ in the type of camera used in the instrument.
The Interferometer VI-vario contains an analogue camera which allows the connection of a tv-monitor.
The Interferometer VI-direct comes with an USB-based digital camera. This camera has a higher lateral resolution compared to the analogue camera. It allows a three times digital zoom of the interference image and therefore the testing of smaller parts. An additional advantage is the reduced sensitivity to external disturbances like e.g. vibrations.
Examples for applications
Due to its compact design the interferometers are well suitable for the integration in application specific workstations. The pictures below illustrated some examples for the application of the interferometer of the VI-series.